This is a serious problem of today. Many people forget their google account password (also called Gmail password). As Google password is of great importance, therefore, you can never ignore your Google ID. You all know very well that a Google account is required to access your android phone, your google mail account, Google Drive, and Google photos (your personal files), etc. therefore it is of great importance. Sometimes your Google account password may also be stolen and at this time it is recommended to change it immediately as your personal data and devices are all the time at risk.
Here I am going to tell you the complete solution to your problem.
Here is the step-by-step method to change your Google Account password whether you knew your old account password or not. So let’s start…
If You Know the Previous Password:
Friends if you know your previous password then it is very easy to change your google account password (Gmail password).
- Simply sign in to your google account using http://accounts.google.com/signin or simply click here. If you’re already signed in then there is no need of signing in again.
- Now the whole window of your personal google account has opened. Here click the security button on the left side.
- Now go to Singing into Google as highlighted above.
- Here you will be asked to enter your previous password.
- After entering the password you will be asked to put your new password twice.
- All has been done your password has been changed.
If You Don’t Know the Previous Password or You have Forgotten the Google Account Password:
What should you do if you don’t know your Google account password? You may forget your password and even then it is not difficult to recover your Google account.
- Again visit htttp://accounts.google.com/signin or click here. and then enter your email. Don’t worry if you have even forgotten your email address. Just put here your mobile phone number for which your Gmail account is registered.
- Then you’ll be asked to put your password. But you don’t know the password. Don’t worry, here, right below the password there is an option of “forgot password?“. Click this option i.e “Forgot password?”
- After clicking on the next window you will be asked security questions Such as Mother’s maid’s name sometimes your last password, Your primary school, etc. These are the questions you added to your account when you signed up.
- Simply answer these questions and then put the new password twice and get a new password. And your Google Account has been recovered.
- What if you don’t know the answers to these questions. Don’t worry. Here you can click the option below these questions “Try another way”.
- You may also be asked to verify your mobile number, recovery email, etc.
- Here google sometimes sends you a confirmation pin or link to your Mobile Phone Number or Recover Mail Address and sometimes just asks you to verify by writing the missing digits or characters of your phone number or email address respectively. All this depends upon the security strength of your account which you have set in your account.
- You can recover your Google Account password from here by following very easy steps.
Please don’t leave without feedback in the comment section whether this post was helpful or not.